2009-09-02

Purchase Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025


After several hours of shovelling this winter, and with more snow in the forecast it was time to find a better way. I had tried a neighbours Ariens gas blower, which whilst it did the job, was heavy and I try to avoid the hassle of maintaining gas powered equipment if possible.

Researching on the internet, the Toro 1800 seemed to be the best option for an electric blower. I ordered it and Amazon duly delivered 48 hours later...and just in time. This past weekend we had almost 14 inches of snow. This blower had three outings tackling 6, 4 and 4 inches. It was outstanding. It is also light enough to lift, so you can clear drifted banks in layers. I may only have about 800 sq.ft to clear, but this machine saved me about 3 hours this past weekend. I encountered no problems with the chute not staying where I put it as has been reported in some other reviews.

I only hope it is durable, but at $300 it costs less than some of my neighbours have already spent on plowing this winter. I give it five stars, because it does exactly what it claims to do - don't expect it tackle the icy road plow stuff and accept the limitations that come with using a cord. For a smallish driveway, this is the perfect blower.Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment