2011-08-09

Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025 This instant


I purchased the 1800 Power Curve from Amazon. After I put it together (not too difficult, just a little time), I was happy to take it out and give it a try. There was some super-light, new snow that had just fallen. After about 2-3 seconds (yes, 2-3 seconds), it stopped throwing...but the motor was still making noise. After searching the web, I found that the belt often falls off. I put it back on a few times, but it would last less than a second each of 2-3 more tries.

I then took it to a Toro service center. After a week or so, they said it was fixed and it was running great and that they used it to test it and "couldn't get it to come off again." They said that Toro said it was a common problem and told them that they simply need to tighten something that was often loose. It then sat in my garage for a week or two. Since it was again snowing, I gave it another try. Before even getting to the snow, the same thing happened again.

Toro customer service is no help. She acts this is a totally rare experience. She said it must be a "one in a million" thing that my unit is having these problems!!! Ugh! Read the customer discussions that are below the reviews.

My options now are to pay to send it back to them (I don't have all of the internal packing anymore)...or find a local service center to do a warranty exchange. When I called the local service center, they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. Looks like I now have to spend $50 to roll the dice that I'll get one that works...or cut my losses and throw it in the trash.

Overall, I can't recommend this to anyone. Poorly made, bad customer service, a lousy experience. I've spent several hours working on it and taking it to get repaired, but it has operated properly less than 10 seconds!!!

From other reviews, if you get one that works, it sounds like you will be very happy. If you are unlucky and get one that doesn't work, you will be miserable trying to get it repaired or exchanged.Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment