2011-08-20

Discount Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025



I bought this earlier this week because I was tired of shoveling the front walkway (about 80' long, 4 feet wide) - my son used to be my free snow blower, but he went off to college so not it's up to me again.

In any case, my timing for this order was impeccable as we had a doozie of a blizzard with 33" of snow that ended today (in Northern Virginia).

The snow blower was easy to assemble and worked like a charm. I made two passes on the walkway, the first with about 20 inches of snow and the second with what seemed like another 18 or so inches (which I presume came from some drifting). The snow was wet and heavy, but the blower kept on chugging... I'd push it into the bottom of the snow, pull it back and the snow on top would fall and then push it in again to get it cleared.

It was more labor intensive than it would have been if I'd had a big two stage, self propelled thrower, but they are way more expensive (both initial purchase and ongoing maintenance). If you want something where you just steer, this isn't the one for you. But if you want something that saves you the back breaking lifting of a shovel, this works and if it can handle this storm, it should be able to handle pretty much anything.

I am very happy I bought the blower and recommend it. Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment