2011-06-29

Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025 Order Now


This is my fifth winter season using the Toro 1800. It has held up against pretty much everything short of the 2 foot tall wall of snow/ice thrown up by the plows this year. it can dig through dry snow taller than it is, and deep wet stuff without much problem (just don't expect to throw the wet stuff into your neighbor's yard). I definitely don't recommend doing this, but the Toro's survived being repeatedly slammed against giant drifts to break them up into blowable portions. I lost a metal skid plate doing that 2 years ago.

My only complaints would be:
1. The flimsy connection for the extension cord; although I haven't had to modify any cords to get them to fit, as another reviewer mentioned. A dedicated extension cord (for the winter at least) and a zip tie fix that issue.
2. The fact that the chute won't stay angled to the side and down pushing moderate to heavy stuff.
3. My hands get tired keeping that big red switch pushed in.
4. I'd be warmer if I was using a shovel?

Do I get jealous watching my neighbor with his monster 2-stage with headlights, or this year his snow throwing riding mower attachment? Sure, but do I have to worry about maintenance or the price I paid? Not at all.Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment