2011-05-28

Where To Buy Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025


I just used my Toro 1800 today for the first time -- 5" of wet, heavy snow, with rain on top. Worked beautifully, cleared my driveway quickly. I will have to get used to the cord (100', 12-gauge) and how to maneuver more efficiently, but that will come as I use it more.

My only problem so far: I did not receive a cap for the other end of the axle. I received the machine a couple of months ago and noticed that part was missing; I meant to get to it, then forgot. So today, I used the machine without the end cap and the wheel kept falling off (but the machine is light enough so that I could keep on going by just holding it level!).

I purchased a couple of metal caps at my local hardware store. However, the axle ends are recessed within the wheels and the axle slides freely up and down its housing, so I could not install the cap on my own -- I would have needed either the proper workshop setup to prop up the other end of the axle inside the other wheel, or 6 hands. I had to take it down to the hardware store to have them do it (fit easily inside my Camry trunk), which they did in 5 minutes. (So even if the part had been included I don't know how I would have been able to put it on.) The lesson is to make sure you have all the parts, and also clear instructions. And to take care of business in a timely fashion.

That said, it was worth the extra aggravation. I no longer dread snowfalls, and I'm looking forward to being able to clear my driveway in 10 minutes and then go out for a walk in the snow!

The only improvement would be to make a model that is self-propelled. I did find it a bit hard to push it through sometimes and had to make a couple of passes. But it's wonderful for what it is, and it's a delight to not have yet another gasoline engine to maintain and fuss over.

Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment