2011-05-29

Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025 Review


READ THE REVIEWS AND HEED THE WARNINGS! THIS MACHINE HAS PROBLEMS! I thought the negatives were just flukes. They weren't. Either Toro has some serious quality control issues, or this machine is a piece of junk.

I have used two Toto Power Shovels (one I borrowed and one I owned); loved them both. Little powerhouses of energy. The only thing that would have made them better is if they'd had wheels and a directional shute.

Moved to a house with a large driveway and thought I'd upgrade to this Electric Curve. Bought it in January 2009, used it maybe 4 times before spring. Worked beautifully. In December 2009, we had our first big snow~~light and fluffy but quite a bit. I took the snow thrower out of the garage and plugged it in. It made several passes down the driveway and then barely threw the snow at all; within seconds I started to smell something electrical burning. Seconds later, smoke was coming from the socket, and the machine "died." I will contact Toro, but I'm sure this will cost me $50 to return this to them (the Toro distributors won't work on the electric models), and I'm not sure it's worth the effort to return it, if I get the same flawed machine back again. I'm looking for another brand. YOU SHOULD, TOO.Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment