2011-05-20

Discount Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025


I will only add another sad tale to many other negative reviews. My main belt shredded during the second use, and thus the curve did not move a single snowflake during a two day storm. Oh, my aching back from all the shoveling!

The manual and the Toro phone tree directs you to a local Toro master dealer/repairer. My "master" dealer (and I live in a metropolitan area) could get me a belt in a week and a half, which is too late for this snow storm.

I suspect Toro has a quality control problem because a sizable minority of other reviewer here report belt and other problems. On the other hand, many reviewers are positive and my neighbor has been using his curve for 3 seasons without a problem. Buying one is taking a gamble that you will get a non-defective one. Otherwise, I wish you good luck getting parts and a lasting repair. To start, a replacement belt from Toro will cost you over twenty-five bucks with postage, and then you hope it will last.

As others have noted, before buying, consider the typical heaviness of the snow in your area. The curve works wonderfully (when it works) for our typically light and dry snow on driveways and sidewalks. For wet and heavy snows, the curve works much less well; you can have frequent clogging of the chute (always unplug before clearing) and the snow will not be thrown very far.Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment