2011-04-18

Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025 Top Quality


If you don't already have one, get a 5\16 allen wrench. You might as well open it up and tighten the main parts that are supposed to be tight (do it before you even try to use it, is my suggestion).

This snow thrower works great for me in norcal mountains, but works much better with powder, than heavier wet\icy snow.

You will probably need to find your own technique (you can't just push this into a big (say, 8") pile of wet, icy snow and expect anything to happen!). I learned for my type of snow here and its current depth, that I have more success, if I pick it up by both handles and working it with layers; this isn't as laborious as shoveling for me, but it's not easy and labor-less like self-propelled, large gas models. be that as it may, I can get down to the ground, in about three passes this way - in wet, icy snow that is about 8" deep. Powder it works with much easier, but in norcal not every snow storm is powder (sometimes icier and heavier).


Once you have this, do yourself a favor and don't wait around for lots to pile up... Get on it early and this is the only snow thrower you need.

Loses two stars for not being (as advertised) as easy in icy snow, as powder. Gains one star, because it's easier to maintain and store than larger gas models - and is cheap enough that if you keep it within its limits, it's a wonderful snow thrower.Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment