2010-09-10

Buying Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025


We purchased this snow thrower to help clear our driveway and sidewalk. This winter already we have had several opportunities to use this. We have found that the snow thrower is great at clearing newly fallen light snow of 8 inches or less. It makes quick work of the snow in these conditions and I am more than willing to go out to clear the driveway more than once because this machine is so easy to use. It is lightweight that I find it easy to carry around between the front and the back of the house and up to the porch where it is stored.

There have been a few glitches however. Our snow thrower doesn't work very well in wet snow or on snow that is plowed into a pile, which can be a little icy. When I used the machine, I was able to clear the heavy snow eventually, but the snow kept getting jammed in the chute requiring me to stop, unplug, and clear it out; also, our chute wouldn't stay at the right angle to maximize the throwing distance. The other nuisance involved the crank not staying in, making changing the direction of the chute a little difficult. Other reviews have mentioned the difficulty maneuvering the thrower around on the silly little wheels and with the electrical chord attached. I would agree with these reviewers.

With the inconvenient problems that we have had with this, I must say that I love this machine and don't regret the purchase at all. It makes me actually look forward clearing the driveway.Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment