2010-04-14

Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025 This instant


I bought this in 2003 after debating the merits of a gas or electric blower. Since all of my yard equipment is electric/battery (lawn mower, string trimmer, leaf blower, etc.) I decided to buy this unit instead of gas. Living in the northern suburbs of Philadelphia, we can go a whole season without significant snow (usually 4" to 6") or we can get hammered, like this past weekend. We received somewhere around 18" in my area. I was somewhat disappointed with this unit. Previous snowfalls have been no problem, even a storm last year of neary 14". But I think this weekend pushed my limits. It took me nearly 3 hours to clear my driveway. A common problem with this unit is chute clogging if the snow packs well (not the same as wet snow. Think of packed poweder, if you ski.)It clogged constantly yesterday. I found that using a spring clamp to keep the unit on reduced the clogging and by taking a smaller width. This slow me down considerably. In retrospect, I probably should have gone out late Saturday night and a first pass, but opted for sleep instead and the snow didn't get really heavy until the wee hours. I am strongly considering a gas model for next winter. If I do, I will not buy a Toro. Not because of this unit, but they only sell 2-cycle engines on their snowblowers. Generally, it's a good unit if most of your snowfalls are less than 10". If you get one or two biggies a year and have a large driveway, this may not be the right one.Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment