2010-04-04

Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025 Order Now


I'm a new homeowner in the Mid-Atlantic and I was not looking forward to clearing driveways and walkways of the soggy snow we get here. I bought this unit for the 2005-06 winter and had the chance to fire it up for the first time this past month. The snow had accumulated to about 3-4 inches, but it was soggy, and the base layer (against the relatively warm ground) was already melting into ice. I didn't know what to expect, but the Power Curve started easily and then happily chomped away at the snow on asphalt and cement surfaces. When the Power Curve runs, the engine sounds like it's running in a comfortable power band, and it doesn't seem to strain when used. Despite the icy base layer, the Power Curve shaved it up into the rotor so the result was a very clean surface. I finished quickly and the results were very satisfying. The unit is also light (~25 pounds) so it maneuvers easily. I am grateful that this electric unit works so well because I would never spend the $$$ for a gas-powered unit. Plus I hate fiddling with gas engines. So, I think the Power Curve is perfect for a person (like me) who wants an assuredly effective snow thrower/blower that: 1) fills your needs when the expense and hassle of a gas-powered unit is hard to justify; 2) has the convenience of an electric engine; 3) is easy to maintain; 4) has plenty of power to handle the soggy/icy/crusty "snow" in temperate regions, which I call "heart attack" snow. Lastly, my wife, who objected mightily to this purchase, became a believer after seeing the results.Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment