2010-04-01

Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025 This instant


I am surprised that this snowblower is as powerful it is for the weight. Light snow gets thrown quite far and heavy wet snow goes a good 8 feet. I had no truble handling 8 inches here in Connecticut.
Watch out for the cord hiding in the snow though. Winding it around the blades is not good for it!
Update! Now I have several good snowfalls under my belt and I still LOVE this critter! Handles wet snow, slush, dry snow, and even the big piles at the end of the driveway. It can sling dry snow a good 15-20 feet! Does a very good job of getting down to the pavement unless the snow is compacted by tires (course shovel has same issue!). I thought the whimpy looking wheels would be an issue but they work just fine. Light enough to bring inside or to do the deck. Bumps in the sidewalk are a pain as this works more like a shovel than a "wheeled beast". It will chuck snow a LOT better than I was expecting! Get a cord that will remain flexible when it is cold outside as the cord I use for summer tangles really easily ( look for the Coleman yellow one in the 100 foot length.) I clogged it only once when I jabbed it into a deep pile (come at it slow or whittle at it instead). I do not think it would handle frozen snow and ice stuck to the driveway but what would? So I run out right after the snow stops and get it done. My 75 foot by 15 foot driveway take a half an hour or so with the sidewalk and the deck. I also learned to blow dry snow downwind!Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment