2009-09-19

Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025 Top Quality


Bought this tool based on reviews from here - would have gotten it from Amazon and saved the tax but when I came home to NY from AC there was 5 inches of snow and slush in my two car driveway. The wife does not appreciate putting not being able to garage her 'Audi', so off I went to local the HD to get the this blower.

It works well. Putting together was easy, however the way the plastic parts came together took a little extra effort and had me worried about the durability - time will tell. The snow-ice mix was a day old - the Toro went right through it. I had no problems whatsoever. The outlet port only got full once, when I was tackling the plow buildup at the apron of the driveway. Speaking of the plow buildup (about 2 feet high), I then appreciated the plastic construction, because the initial breakthrough required picking it up and shaving it from the top down. Once through, I attacked the pile laterally, and it went quickly.

I give it four stars because I don't know how long it will last, and I did need to break up the plow drift with a shovel in order to make it quicker to get through. The difference between using this and using a shovel is the same as going from NY to BOS by car versus by bike. It is a great tool and makes quick work of reasonable amounts of snow. Now I can sleep because someone will stop telling nightmares of her car being sideswiped on the street.Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment