2009-09-12

Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025 Immediately


I don't know if I got a defective one or what, but I used it once in 12 inches of snow and it worked great. Good throw distance and whatnot. My one complaint is that since it is so light it tends to slide sideways pretty easily.

The second storm, about 6 inches today, the blade stopped spinning and there was a whirring sound. I took off the side plate (which was bent and not installed properly) and it turns out the drive belt came off. So, I put the drive belt back on, but it will not stay in place anymore. The thrower goes about 5 feet and that's it.

I am really confused about why this snow thrower got so many good reviews but mine stunk. Judging by the incorrectly installed side plate and all, I think I may just have gotten a dud. Anyway, I am now soured on this model and will buy a gas thrower.

Incidentally, if you do decide to buy this item, Home Depot has a Rigid 100-foot 15 Amp sub zero temp extension cord for $65. It is a pretty good deal.Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment