2009-08-15

Cheapest Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025


OK, so this thing isn't a huge, gas-powered snow thrower. It's a small electric, and you have to make some allowances.

That said, once I got it assembled (more on that shortly) I've had nothing but good experiences with it. This winter has been pretty bad -- multiple storms that dropped more than a foot on my yard -- and the 1800 chewed through everything with no complaints, even when the snow was higher than it was. It was at its best, of course, with light, dry snow, but it managed just fine with heavier, wetter snow, and even managed to scoop up the slush at the road end of the drive.

There are really only two downsides to this snow-thrower, as far as I'm concerned. The first is simply that it's electric: dealing with a power cord is a pain, and seriously limits the range of what I can do. The second is construction: the bolts that hold the chute in place just can't be tightened down enough, so the piece that's supposed to control where the snow goes slips over time, and I have to readjust it periodically.

Still, if you've got a small driveway like I do (about 4 cars), this is a great deal.Get more detail about Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025.

No comments:

Post a Comment